12 Questions with Lil' Bro Reviewing The Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan | Another Success or a Boring Quest?

Hello, and back again! Long time no write, but I also didn't read that many books while I was completing my Bachelor's. Now, as a graduate (woohoo!) and a new adult (wah!), I thought it was the perfect to revamp the blog - especially when my brother read more than me. This blog should really be his by now, then! 😎

Anyway, it's no secret that I am a fan of Rick Riordan's written conquests of "Percy Jackson and friends". Stories of the great Greek Olympians and Roman Gods have been told via spoken and written word for eons, so it's only right that I interrogate my brother based on the interesting renditions of these classic tales! I read The Hidden Oracle and The Dark Prophecy, or respectively Books 1 and 2 of The Trials of Apollo series, four or five years ago. I have yet to read the third book, The Burning Maze, which brings me great tears when I look at my (newly and) gloriously organized shelf. School was... difficult...in my time management department, but this is not a confession of how many books I did not read during my hiatus. That's actually going to be another post soon! Still, no matter how many renditions of Sarah McLachlan's "In the Arms of an Angel" or attempts to teleport myself to the vast loneliness of outer space, I am still left alone with the guilt that 1) I have too many books on my TBR list and Rick Riordan just happens to be part of it, 2) my puppy is scared of her twenty-pound cat brother, and 3) lastly, the subject of world peace. Now, can I get that Amen?! 


So, again, back to the review in which my brother shares his most intimate feelings about these  wonderful books! I may have forgotten all about this book series in general; however, I was smart enough to prepare questions four years ago. Ah, four years ago, I grew this blog and forced my brother to read as a hobby (with additional persuasion). Life is good!

🌟A warning: Major to minor spoilers are hidden in this post. If you do not feel comfortable being spoiled and having potential dreams ruined, thanks for visiting and have a fantastic day! Otherwise, I see no other reason that to read my perfect little writing! 😂


---
⭐Key: Nicole is bold and Nathan is normal, just as it is in real life.

1. What star ratings (out of 5 stars) would you give these books?

The Hidden Oracle: 4.5/5 stars-I thought Meg was going to be my jolly young good pal; instead, I get a pain in my booty. Also, Percy saves the day and my heart.<3 (Oh, Percy! My beloved demigod!) As I am transporting myself into this old yet new world, I found it was extremely slow. As I learned about ancient Rome and the politics, it was interesting but the plot was stagnant for a while (...just waiting for another glance in Percy's direction of course!).

The Dark Prophecy: 4/5 stars-It is slow, and due to my snail brain, I believe I fell asleep one too many times. Otherwise, it was a fantastic read. Too slow but still interesting as I get to learn about Apollo's past.

(A little too generous of you to rate a book that was making you sleepy 4/5 stars but okay! You do you!)

Final Rating: 4.25/5 stars

2. Is Percy still your favorite character? Who is your favorite character from this specific series?

I am not answering this question at this moment, but if I were to, I would think that I still love Percy with all my heart!

3. What do you think of the newly introduced characters(ex. Apollo, Meg, Nero, etc.)?

Apollo- He is narcissistic and looks down at the human race as if we are the scum at the bottom of the tub. Also, he is awesome, period.

Nero- He is the worst of Nicole's qualities all combined.
     
                        (Nicole:)

Meg- Imagine a Nicole that can use swords. Annoying yet dangerous, or my nightmare. This backstabbing, annoying babblyfart who is also an assassin for the worst of smells is my worst enemy.

4. After now reading 2.4 series from Riordan, which one is your favorite?

Mine is Heroes of Olympus series. If you want to find out more, check out my interview review.

5. Has reading Riordan's books, in any way, made you more daring in your quests to find new favorite books?

Yes, I want to read more mythology, and find if I am too a demigod!

6. How excited are you for The Burning Maze?

PRETTY HYPED BRO! I CANNOT WAIT TO READ IT AND I AM EXCITED THAT GROVER HAS RETURNED!

7. How will you celebrate when Nicole immediately finds that The Burning Maze has arrived?

I will feel happy. Thus, I will want to read it in order to be my happiest self.

UPDATE: The book arrived May 2018. This was way too long ago, and life/school got in the way. Did I tell you that I got two dogs who love cuddles?)

8. What is the easiest way to read all of Riordan's books?

Don't be like me and sit on a rock, waiting for your sister to come upon you with a beautiful book with Percy's face on it. Sit and read them in order of publication. You will get more secrets and insight to the following books. At least that is what Nicole said.


9. Is there anything you are looking forward to?

I really want to see the goat (aka the greatest) jokes with Grover!

(Um, Grover is a SATYR, not a goat.)

Same thing.

                                         Image result for sheldon mind blowing gif(<-----What Nicole is currently doing as a full time hobby)

10. Would you be willing to read the rest of Riordan's books?

Yeah.

11. Has Riordan influenced you to read any other authors?

No.

12. Who would you recommend these books to?

Anyone who wants to read action-packed novels and seeing my babies flourish from a spout into a tree.


If you want to read more of our bantering over the books we love (and hate), you can read the rest of the Greek mythology books we've reviewed:
Percy Jackson and the Olympian series
The Heroes of Olympus series

Any way, it's nice to be back...and somewhat consistent as someone who identifies as a booklover! The only other loves that rival that of books are peanut butter and friendly, fluffy animals! See you all later, and have a fantastic day!

What did you think of the The Trials of Apollo series? Is it worth it to read Book #3? Anything that you agree with Nathan regarding his review? Are you also stuck at the bottom of a book well stocked with only Cassandra Clare books? Are you also weeping for all the books I missed on my hiatus? Let me know your thoughts below.

Warm Hugs,
newbookcats

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Books I Recently Got in the Mail That Caused Me to Scream

A Bookish Letter to the Book Community: 10 Reasons Why I Love You

Ten Enticing "One Day" Novels with INCREDIBLE Pacing and That Caused Me to Forget the World Around Me