Series Review with Lil' Bro: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan

I have gone on a journey of
nagginginfluencing my brother to read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series written by Rick Riordan. FINALLY, he has finished the series, so I thought I could do a mini review/interview to entertain all your minds. I had also thought it would be fun to put up a review of a book series without reviewing each individual book. However, it did not go as I had planned as my brother does not respond to questions immediately with long and detailed answers. I intervened, gave him answers, and wrote down something smarter than what he actually said. Anyway, let's rush into my brother's mind and find out what he thinks about Percy Jackson and his friends.
-
1. What rating(out of 5 stars) would you give these books?
The Lightning Thief: 4.5-It is just the beginning of the series, and I felt that it was not the best.(Why are you making me get interviewed?)
Sea of Monsters: 4- I found Tyson annoying.
The Titan's Curse: 4.5- I found Artemis and Zoey Nightshade annoying.(Nicole rolls her eyes)
The Battle of the Labyrinth: 3.5- It was too slow and it took too long to get to ending and the action-packed scenes. Also, Nico was so annoying.


The Last Olympian: 5- TEAMWORK! + a spoiler for a death = AWESOMENESS!


2. Who is your favorite character?
My favorite character is Percy Jackson because he is very funny and easy to understand and relate to.

3. Which character, if given the chance, would you party with?
I think Annabeth would create the killest party ever as (Nicole steps in)she would plan everything so it would have to be perfect!

4. Who would you eat enchiladas with?
Grover. OBVIOUSLY!

5. What are your favorite qualities of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series?
I really enjoyed the characters as they are courageous and have a great sense of humor. The action scenes that Riordan integrated into the plot were exciting and kept me on the edge of my seat.

6. What do you think Riordan can improve on for future novels?
He could improve the pacing to be a bit faster for some of us with low attention spans. He could also make the characters stop blaming Percy for. Every. Single. Thing.

7. Is there anything from this series that you wish could be real?
I would blurt out "The Titan War" if I could shout out an answer to be documented for everyone to hear
No, no, I mean Mrs. O' Leary as she is a big dog and very brave.

8. Who would you recommend these books to?
People who are interested in learning about Greek mythology or anything really. Also, there are some really cool action scenes so you should probably read these books for that quality.

9. How do you feel about continuing on with The Blood of Olympus series?
I cannot wait and am fascinated to learn more about Greek mythology as well as Roman mythology.
-
So, that was my review/interview with my brother. Wow! That took only thirty minutes but I am so exhausted. Also, for those of you who may wonder why I love action scenes and violence in books, movies, and video games, it is not just me as you can tell from my brother's love of action scenes. I am going to cut this short now as I am literally falling asleep on my laptop. Unless if you want me to hand my blog over to my brother for a day. Hmm, actually, that gives me an idea. Anyway, bye for now!

Nicole: Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy!
Nathan: Bye, boyyyyyyy!

Love,
newbookcats AND Nathan

Did you like this fun way of reviewing a book? Would you like to hear my brother's opinions more often? Have you read the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series or any of Riordan's other books? If you have, did you enjoy them?

Nicole's links:
Goodreads
Google+
Instagram
Twitter

Nathan's link:
Twitter

P.S. Also, before you leave, share this post 'cause it's caring, follow 'cause it's holo(-graphic, or 'cause it's not), and comment 'cause it's like writing a sonnet(I know that does not rhyme, but it just sounded nice).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Books I Recently Got in the Mail That Caused Me to Scream

Ten Enticing "One Day" Novels with INCREDIBLE Pacing and That Caused Me to Forget the World Around Me

A Bookish Letter to the Book Community: 10 Reasons Why I Love You