Stacking the Shelves | So You Want to Be a Doctor...

Happy Saturday, everyone! I hope everyone's week was wonderful and everyone's start to their weekend is spectacular.


I'm joining Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality, in which every Saturday she and other bloggers share their recent additions to their shelves. It's not like my TBR list didn't need to grow anymore, but now it has to be the height of at least two basketball players. 


Anyways, a few weeks ago, I had my birthday, and my mother graciously fed my love for infectious diseases and my pre-med existence. Thus, as this is the only post on my blog intended for those with a healthy sense of humor, I present to everyone a collection of pus-infected sores, graphic descriptions of diseases, and coloring!

1. The Infectious Disease Colouring Book

2. Graphic Guide to Infectious Disease by Brian Kloss and Travis Bruce

3. Immunology made ridiculously simple by Massoud Mahmoudi

4. Antibiotics Pharmacology Coloring Book

With a final farewell, I just need to sharpen my art pencils, and then I will be prepared to color in swollen warts and cure them with a fresh swipe of an eraser! Until the next Saturday I receive books, thanks so much for reading, and I hope you enjoy your day!

Love,

newbookcats

Instagram

Goodreads

Twitter

What recent additions have you made to your bookshelves? How many basketball players tall is your TBR list? And, how healthy is your sense of humor? Is it contagiously healthy?! Did you participate in this week's Stacking the Shelves? If so, please leave the link to your post in the comments below so I can read your post too! Feel free to correspond with me in the comments below or via social media, and I look forward to interacting with you guys in the next post!

Comments

  1. Ah, I love family members that fuel one's interests like that! My wife patiently buys me all kinds of books on infectious diseases... even though I'm in the middle of an MSc in Infectious Diseases. I just can't get enough apparently. Hope you have a good time with these!

    Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole @ NewBookCatsREADSNovember 19, 2023 at 9:31 PM

      Congratulations on finding the One to fuel your interests! Reading the whole library of textbooks and other reference materials was such a luxury for me in undergrad, and I cannot wait to return to that obsessive scouring and detective work in medical school. Also, I wholeheartedly agree with all the love for supportive family members - I really would not be able to do ALL of this without them! I wish you all the best with your Master's degree and future career!

      Delete
  2. LOL. Hope you enjoy those books (it sounds like you will.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole @ NewBookCatsREADSNovember 19, 2023 at 9:33 PM

      "Laughing Out Loud," "Lots Of Love," or "Labyrinth Of Lizards," thank you for reading! Yes, I will definitely enjoy my time reading and spilling all the (infectious) tea with my family as much as I can!

      Delete
  3. As a nurse I love this sense of humour! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole @ NewBookCatsREADSNovember 19, 2023 at 9:49 PM

      Oh my gracious goodness, thank you for the complement and for your life-saving duties! I believe a healthy sense of humor can be the band-aid for so many situations, and I am sure that you've have plenty of similar instances in your career. Enjoy your current and future reads!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Four Books I Recently Got in the Mail That Caused Me to Scream

A Bookish Letter to the Book Community: 10 Reasons Why I Love You

Ten Enticing "One Day" Novels with INCREDIBLE Pacing and That Caused Me to Forget the World Around Me